How to Lighten Underarms and Whiten Dark Armpits Fast, Naturally Overnight
Why are my armpits dark?
Get more insights on how to lighten underarms. The post explores on various underarm whitening treatments ranging from natural home remedies to use of inorganic lightening products.
Dark armpits can be uncomfortable especially when you think of wearing your sleek sleeveless top. To avoid such discomfort, think of how to get rid of your dark armpits. There are many factors that lead to darkening of your underarm. Let us explore the causes before looking at how to lighten underarms.
What Causes Dark Armpits
Among the most causes of dark underarms include: Shaving of the armpits, regular application of hair removal creams, use of deodorants and antiperspirants, sweating, lack of sufficient ventilation and mainly accumulation of dead skin cells.
How to Lighten Underarms Naturally Using Home Remedies
Accumulation of dead skin cells will automatically cause your armpits to darken. Use natural scrubs and exfoliants to remove the top layer of the skin since it composed of dead cells which contribute to the darkening.
Natural scrubs are suitable since they are safe. Drugstore exfoliating soft loofah can also be utilized. The process ought to be gentle and moderate. Do not overdo it since you will harm your skin which will result to irritation and formation of bumps.
Here is how you can make your own home made sugar scrub:
- Mix lemon juice and some amount of sugar and stir to form a sticky paste. Apply at your underarms and leave for 10 minutes. Using your fingers, rub the skin gently as the sugar granules scrub the cells. After 5 minutes of scrubbing, wash using warm water and apply your moisturizer.
- A mixture of honey, lemon juice and peanuts powder can also be used to exfoliate your underarms. Apply the paste and scrub as directed above on how to lighten underarms using sugar scrub.
- Baking soda- a thick paste of baking soda is made with water to use for scrubbing, rinse and dry the area. Apply the paste of this baking soda to give your skin a lighter appearance
- Baking soda and rose water- A somewhat thicker paste of baking soda is made with rose water and applied to the underarm, the paste is then washed off with warm water. Dry the arms and repeat the process until you see the lightening of the underarms
- Orange; a peeled orange is put out in the sun to dry. Grind the pilled and dried pill to a powder form and make paste by adding of rose water and also milk. Scrub the paste on the underarms for about 15 minutes to be able to remove the dead cells and also use cold water.
- Pumice stone; remove dead skin cells gently from your underarms by the use of pumice stone. This light weight, volcanic rock is sold in your local drug store and also beauty parlors. Wet the stone thoroughly and rub gently on the body giving special attention to the affected area.
Baking Soda Solution
Baking soda can also be used as an underarm whitening treatment at home. The compound not only helps in getting rid of underarm bad odor but also help in unclogging pores for sufficient air circulation and removal of toxins from the body.
How do you use baking soda to get rid of dark armpits? Simply mix baking soda with some water to create a thick paste. Apply on the skin and gently rub using your fingers. Alternatively you can make a solution and apply at your underarms to dry then wash.
This is also an ingredient for providing whitening dark armpits solution. The level of acidity in cucumber is sufficient enough to cause skin bleaching. To use this natural ingredient, simply rub the slices at the skin. Alternatively you can extract juice and apply.
Wash after 10 minutes and dry your armpits using a soft towel. Repeat for effectiveness, at least twice a day.